Fresno Building Healthy Communities is a fair chance employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations may be provided upon request. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to pass a background screening and may be required to submit to tests to screen for drug and alcohol use prior to employment.
Data Entry Specialist
Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Chief Learning Officer
$17.00 per hour
Under the supervision of the Chief Learning Officer, and in collaboration with the Data Manager, the Data Entry Specialist is responsible for entering data into electronic systems, updating existing entries, and organizing hard copies of information appropriately. The Data Entry Specialist must be comfortable working independently with large amounts of numerical and written data.
To perform successfully, the Data Entry Specialist must have excellent knowledge of data entry software, solid time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks. They must be comfortable working independently, be detail oriented, highly efficient, and able to manage several tasks at once. They must be able to meet the responsibilities of the position, deadlines on a regular basis and meet high-quality standards on all activities and materials.
They must possess a high school diploma or GED and have at least 1 year of experience in a similar position with exceptional organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to spot errors with accuracy and efficiency.
Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and verifiable automobile insurance and have the use of a reasonably reliable automobile for use on the job, ability to pass background checks and LiveScan fingerprinting, and must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Deep interest in and commitment to the vision, mission, and work of Fresno BHC.
2. Must be flexible and adaptable, ability to respond calmly and positively to rapidly changing situations.
3. Capable of working independently with minimum supervision
4. Creative thinker and problem solver who is also open to the insight of others, always handles themselves with professional demeanor.
5. Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
6. Superb written and verbal communication skills.
7. Able to type and enter data quickly and accurately.
8. Excellent organization and attention to detail, proven competence with collection and management of documentation and paperwork.
9. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, make independent decisions solve problems, and meet production deadlines.
10. Strong listening, interpersonal, networking, and customer service skills; ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
11. Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office and working knowledge and practice with various electronic data capture systems including Qualtrics, REDCap, MS Excel, and MS Access.
12. Must be able to operate modern office equipment including computer hardware, software, copy machines, scanners, multi-line phone systems.
13. Must be able to maintain accurate records.
14. Display a high degree of initiative, maturity, integrity, loyalty, accountability, creativity, and good judgment; with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
15. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, partners, and people form diverse backgrounds and communities.
16. Willingness and desire to participate in unexpected projects and support team in attainment of organization-wide goals and objectives.
17. Ability to speak, read, and write a second language is highly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, kneel, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The position typically works indoors in an air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and florescent light. Typical noise levels are muted by acoustic ceilings, carpets, and sound-deadening wall panels. Occasionally, the position is called upon to work outside of the office at a public meeting or event. Some of these occur indoors, while others occur outside with exposure to weather and temperature extremes and moderate noise levels. This position requires travel and the ability to interact with others in both small and large group settings. At times, this position may include periods of extended physical activity, such as walking/standing at community events and/or moving and setting up equipment. The employee is frequently required to meet multiple demands from several people.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements, which may change from time to time based on business needs. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job, so long as those accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the organization. However, regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee’s essential job functions.