Fresno Building Healthy Communities is a fair chance employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations may be provided upon request. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to pass a background screening and may be required to submit to tests to screen for drug and alcohol use prior to employment.
Full Time, Exempt
Marketing & Communications Director
Under the general supervision of the Marketing & Communications Director, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our marketing strategy. The Marketing Specialist will focus on creating, implementing, tracking and optimizing Fresno BHC’s digital and traditional marketing campaigns across various marketing channels.
To be successful as a marketing specialist, you must be highly self-motivated, proactive, and have a working knowledge of current marketing tools and strategies in order to execute successful marketing campaigns.
1. Develop and implement marketing plans.
2. Ensure all communications adhere to the organization’s style guide.
3. Promote brand awareness through marketing efforts.
4. Create and maintain marketing materials for Fresno BHC’s website and other marketing platforms.
5. Support the marketing team with marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas, including optimization, advertising, social media, direct marketing, and event planning.
6. Assist with the analyses of marketing data, including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic in order to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
7. Develop in-house print and electronic collateral, including but not limited to, brochures, short publications, flyers, event invitations and signage, videos, audio, etc.
8. Establish goals and objectives in order to reach our target audience through appropriate marketing channels (digital and traditional).
9. Maintain cooperative working relationships with stakeholders, partners, elected officials (when warranted) and media.
10. Follow consistent communications protocol for Fresno BHC events, meetings, and gatherings with an eye towards professional Fresno BHC representation.
11. Participate in assigned local, regional and statewide activities.
12. Maintain flexible hours as some meetings and program activities may occur outside normal office hours, on weekends, and in various locations.
13. Travel as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned.
The Marketing Specialist must be comfortable working independently, be detail oriented, highly efficient, and able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Must be able to meet the responsibilities of the position, deadlines on a regular basis and meet high-quality standards on all activities and materials.
The Marketing Specialist must have excellent written and communications skills, be able to multi-task, manage their time and prioritize tasks. It is critical that the person understand the importance of targeting communications, including how to write for a specific audience and select the most effective communications medium. The person must also understand the importance of consistency in communications – in their writing and design and that of Fresno BHC staff.
Must be a graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a job-related area and have at least three years’ marketing experience (digital or traditional). Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM and CMS software, working knowledge of HTML and CSS, experience using analytics software.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license and verifiable automobile insurance and have the use of a reasonably reliable automobile for use on the job, ability to pass background checks including LiveScan fingerprinting and must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Deep interest in and commitment to the vision, mission, and work of Fresno BHC.
2. Must be flexible and adaptable; creative thinker and problem solver who is also open to the insight of others.
3. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
4. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
5. Strong listening, interpersonal, networking, and customer service skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing for a variety of audiences.
6. Thorough knowledge of branding and its application to various communications.
7. Competency in print and video production processes; fundamental visual, typographic, and print and electronic design disciplines and principles.
8. Demonstrated success in implementing strong marketing campaigns.
9. Experience with web design, publication, and graphic design.
10. Experience with gathering and editing video.
11. Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communication platforms.
12. Ability to analyze and evaluate information from a strategic perspective.
13. Familiarity with and ability to operate modern office equipment including computer hardware, software, copy machines, scanners, multi-line phone systems, internet and web-based applications.
14. Proficiency in Mac/PC systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Constant Contact, and WordPress products.
15. Display a high degree of initiative, maturity, integrity, loyalty, accountability, creativity, and good judgment; excellence in professionalism with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
16. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and communities; ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
17. Ability to speak, read, and write a second language is highly preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, kneel, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The position typically works indoors in an air-conditioned office with a mixture of natural, incandescent and florescent light. Typical noise levels are muted by acoustic ceilings, carpets, and wall panels. Frequently, the position is called upon to work outside of the office at a public meeting or event. Some of these occur indoors, while others occur outside with exposure to weather and temperature extremes and moderate noise levels. This position requires travel and the ability to interact with others in both small and large group settings. At times, this position may include periods of extended physical activity, such as walking/standing at community events and/or moving and setting up equipment. The employee is frequently required to meet multiple demands from several people.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements, which may change from time to time based on business needs. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job, so long as those accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the organization. However, regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee’s essential job functions.